Saturday, August 18, 2012

Expendables 2 - Bloody Good Fun!

Marion Pellicano Ambrose


I went to see Expendables 2 with my husband last night. I'm not a big fan of blood and violence, but I have to admit, I enjoyed this movie a great deal.

It wasn't the shooting, head chopping, stabbing or explosions that got me hooked, it was the way all the amazing Action Heroes were able to slip in subtle cracks at themselves and their movies. From Arnold's "I told you I'd be back" to his "Yippee Kay-a" to Bruce Willis, each  jibe was funnier than the next.

The best part of the whole movie, in my opinion, was Chuck Norris.  His entrance was classic. I won't ruin it for you by describing it. You just have to see it! He was Walker, Texas Ranger and Lone Wolf McQuaid all rolled into one. I always loved Chuck Norris, but after this I'm even more of a fan!

The critics used words like "Sparkle" (Huffington Post),"Taut, violent, and suitably self-deprecating." (Rotten Tomatoes),'The Expendables 2' is armed with Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Liam Hemsworth, Bruce Willis, Jet Li and more for blow-'em-up craziness that's B-movie fun."(LA Times). They all seem to agree - a surprisingly great movie!

Personal note: Take the spouse, a date or other adult, but leave the kids home for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment