Tuesday, March 13, 2012

YOUR PRESIDENT, HE SAID... I hope I die before I get old


Tony Walker
This week my good friend's father passed away.
As most Catholic's do, the whole process of saying goodbye is dragged out.

So I felt I should be there more than once as a sign of respect to my good friend.

While there the second night, something scary occurred to me.
Have I reached the age where wake's are a social gathering with friends I haven't seen in a long time???
It can't be!!! I'm not old!!!! Wait... who is that bald, gray haired, fat guy in the mirror... holy %$#@ it's me!!!!

I saw Towers, DeBenedettos, Curleys, Voights, so on & so on.
I haven't seen some of these people in years!!!! I loved seeing them but I wish it was a different scenario.
Are we so tied up in life that we can't make time for these people?
Are these the places I am going to catch up with old friends?

Soon I'll be wearing flannels, caps, & khakis all the time.
Soon I'll be hanging out at the OTB.
Soon I'll be going to Church every morning.
Soon I'll be yelling at children to get off my grass.

I hope I die before I get old.... or is it too late????

No comments:

Post a Comment