Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My NEW, New Year's Resolution!




Marion Pellicano Ambrose

  I was just doing my morning cleaning and got to my husband’s side of the sink. When I saw 2 big blobs of toothpaste I thought, “Eww, I have to tell him to wipe the sink out when he’s finished brushing his teeth”. Then I remembered; this man gets up at 5am, showers and gets dressed in the dark so he won’t disturb my sleep. He works 10 - 14 hour day in a highly stressful job. He’s an awesome father, husband and friend, he’s good to his mom and often runs over there to help her (an hour and 45 minute drive). Why on earth would I even think of bothering him about a little toothpaste?

Then it came to me, my new, New Year’s resolution.(My first one was to delete my ebay account!) My new resolution is to do whatever I can to make life easier for my husband, and that includes not complaining about little things. I’m fortunate that there are so few “little things” to complain about in the first place, but I’m going to try to do more things for myself instead of asking him. I’m going to keep the freezer stocked with his favorite ice cream and make his favorite dishes as often as possible. I’m going to take the garbage out more often and take the cans back in (which I never do!).  I can’t think of a better way to show my husband that I love him and appreciate how hard he works and how dedicated he is to our family. I just wish I could win the lottery so I could give him everything he wants and deserves!

Speaking of which, I’d better go and buy a lottery ticket! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment