6 thick slices of white bread
1/4 cup milk
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Using the cookie cutter, cut each slice of bread into a heart shape
- Mix together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl.
- Dip 3 of the heart shaped bread slices into the mixture. Make sure you dip both sides of the bread.
- Prepare a large skillet by melting one tablespoon over medium heat.
- Arrange the 3 slices into the skillet and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle on the powdered sugar and top with strawberry slices.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 for the other three heart shaped slices of bread.
- Serve with a kiss while still warm.