Tuesday, February 14, 2012

PARANORMAL PUB: Valentine From the Grave


 Marion Pellicano Ambrose

Valentines Day Spashial Cards

Marilyn was missing her husband, Jonas, having lost him only four months earlier. He was a romantic and had always made Valentine’s Day special for her. Each year he made her a special card with a loving verse he wrote himself. Since Valentine’s Day was only a week away, she was feeling very melancholy.

The next morning, the phone rang rather early. It was her favorite niece, Katherine, who was away at art school.

“Aunt Mari”, she said, “ You’re going to be getting a package from me.”

Her voice was shaky and high pitched.

“Honey, are you OK?” Marilyn asked.

“Yes, Aunt Mari, but there’s something I have to tell you. The package isn’t exactly from me.”

“What do you mean” Marilyn asked.

“Last night, something suddenly woke me up. When I sat up, Uncle Jonas was there. He took 4 Valentines out of his pocket and lay them out on my bed. He opened each one and showed me what they said. After he was sure I had read each one and saw the design, he picked them up and put them back in his pocket. He pointed at me and smiled. Then he disappeared. I knew what he wanted. I sketched each one out and wrote down the words. I put each one in a separate envelope and sent them in a package to you. I think he wants you to open one each year.

And that’s exactly what Marilyn did for the next four Valentine’s Days.

On the fifth one, she died in her sleep.

1 comment: