Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THROUGH HIS EYES

Marion Pellicano Ambrose
This was posted on Facebook by a good friend of mine and it really made me think. What if I could see myself through my dog’s eyes? What if we all could?

Dogs don’t care if you’re too fat or too thin. (My dog thinks I’m beautiful!) They could care less if your socks match or your jeans aren’t designer. (My dog thinks I’m a fashion queen!) They love you even when you’re cranky and feel compelled to make you feel better when you’re sad. (My dog thinks I deserve to be happy all the time.)

My dog thinks I’m important. He looks at me with adoring eyes.

He can’t wait to see me when I come home, even if I’ve only been gone 3 minutes. When I’m gone for more than a day, he mourns for me.  He would rather be with me than do anything else in the world. He’s thrilled if I pay attention to him, but is content to lay by my side when I’m busy with something or someone else.

When I think of myself as my dog sees me, I feel pretty wonderful! I feel special and loved and very, very needed. I wish I could really be what my dog sees when he looks at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment