- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 pound(s) cod fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound(s) medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Crusty bread (optional)
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, and celery, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, Cajun seasoning, and teaspoon salt, and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add tomatoes, water, and wine; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in cod and shrimp. Cover and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until cod and shrimp just turn opaque throughout, gently stirring once. Ladle stew into 4 large soup bowls and serve with bread if you like.