Thursday, August 11, 2011

KATHERINE: AN UNUSUAL 15 YEAR OLD!

My best friend just bought a house as a “vacation” home here in Florida. Since she hates to fly and knew she’d need a lot of help moving in, she brought her 15 year old niece Katherine, with her for support. I’ve known Katherine since she was a baby, but haven’t seen her in a few years so I was totally unprepared for what I found when I saw her again.
Helping set up headboard and frame
What can you say about your typical 15 year old? They’re often argumentative, insecure, moody, boy crazy, somewhat self-centered, disrespectful and lazy. This was what I was expecting, but I was so wrong! This girl worked so hard from early morning to very late at night without complaint. She scrubbed, painted, moved furniture, ran errands, and all in a house without a TV or computer!
Another pleasant surprise was the constant smile on her face and upbeat disposition she exhibited. She loves to laugh and listen to her aunt’s funny stories about when she and her sister, Isabel, were young. She was excited about everything, taking pictures and texting friends about it.
Toting boxes,When is it break time?
The more time I spent with her, the more I realized how smart, funny and interesting she is. We had a great conversation about the books she’s read and ones that I thought she would enjoy. She told me all about her friends and the fun things they do. I have to say, I really enjoyed spending time with her.
Katherine has restored my faith in 15 year olds!  I look forward to seeing her grow into the confident, intelligent, optimistic woman that I know she will become!
Katherine and her Aunt Jeanne

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like Katherine is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 15 year old is a great kid, but can be very moody and messy! I think that's pretty typical. A lot of times kids will do things for others, like an aunt, that they won't do for a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world needs more Katherines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Katherine's mom I would agree with Anonymous, whenever I ask her to do something I get a song and dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine is a lazy BUM !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine's cousin has serious mental problems. The family likes to keep this a secret. She plays with yo-yos in her room all day long, while looking at pictures of Justin Bieber. Please forgive her delusions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justin Bieber's wife / Katherines cousinAugust 12, 2011 at 9:55 PM

    Justin Bieber is a godess . I will marry him & we will have a wonderful family together . Katherines aunt, i think u are a crazy person & need help . I LOVE JUSTIN BIEBER AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT WONDERFUL MAN ! BELIEBERS ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!! <3333333

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine & Yo-Yo's AuntAugust 12, 2011 at 9:57 PM

    Okay folks...I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Justin Bieber's wife / Katherines cousinAugust 12, 2011 at 10:00 PM

    i will get my husband , Mr. Justin Bieber on u people -_-

    ReplyDelete
  10. <3 thanks for the wonderful blog it was really nice!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katherine definantly breaks the steriotypical 15 y.o. image. (It's partially my fault she's a bit crazier than normal) but otherwise she's (usually) reliable and you can count on her for odd jobs and tasks(like picures of cats!) And the more you know her, the more you like her :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE U NOEL!!!!!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine's other FriendAugust 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM

    I SPY A BROOKLIN RAGE SHIRT

    ReplyDelete
  14. yess and i shall wear it in Disney World XD n i luv u!!!!!

    ReplyDelete