Tuesday, September 27, 2011

HE SAID....DOES AGE MATTER?

Tony Walker
An old friend from high school found me on Facebook last week. The last time I saw this girl was at her wedding. Her wedding was in 1988.... the year we graduated high school!!!
This girl graduated early & was married about a month later. She wasn't pregnant or anything like that. As far as I know she just wanted to marry this man.
Now she is divorced & on her second marriage.
Of course my thought was, "That's what happens when you marry so young!" But that's stupid of me. Who am I to judge? How the hell would I know what's too young? I married at 23 the first time. I obviously didn't know what I was doing!
My wife married her first husband when she was 26. They weren't even married a year when she said to herself, "I don't wanna do this anymore. I don't love this man. I think there is a balding, overweight, future cancer patient waiting for me!" (OK so I made the last part up)
Then again some people get married in their thirties & still get divorced. Some marriages go 20, 30, 40 years & end up in divorce.
But you hear it all the time right? "That's too young!" "I told you they'd never last!" blah blah blah.
Tell us what you think. Do you think age is a factor to failed marriages?


  * * * * * * * Click below for a Post by Jillian B Hart on a similar topic * * * * * * *

SHE SAID... He asked, I'm answering.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Italian Lounges

    ReplyDelete