Monday, November 7, 2011

THE MEANING OF LIFE....



Dawn Boyle
I vent....a lot. I complain about my husband, my kids, my life, my house and my ass. I have bitched about taxes and our government. I have it so bad.

Things in life happen for a reason. I am a believer that we are all on a path. People come in and out of our lives for a reason. Life lessons and memories are learned and made with each and every breath we take. How many have I missed by being annoyed, rushed or wrapped up in bullsh*t??

A very close friend and I have been talking a lot about what our kids have been dealing with in school. The drama is ridiculous, but heartbreaking nonetheless. We talk our own language. We have codes that only the other knows and I know she would drop everything for me and be there in a moments notice if needed. My friend did something so special today for me and it all came in the form of an email.

My friend opened my eyes to the "big picture" all in the Hoyt Family...please take the time to watch the YouTube video I have linked below in it's entirety. I promise you it will change you and really put things in prospective. It paints such a story, my words do no justice.

http://youtu.be/UH943Az_lPQ

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the video about the Hoyt family makes one momentarily stop and consider all that's important and what blessings we all have in our lives. I am a big believer that if everyone threw their problems out in a pile to trade... once viewing "the problems" out there, most of us would scramble to catch our own rather then those of someone else. That said... slowing down to appreciate your blessings doesn't always make the issues and or stresses that you deal with day in and day out fade away. Unfortunately they are real and for most of us - we have days when they take their toll. If we are lucky we are unbalanced ---and only have fleeting moments of letting "it" beat us down. If we are lucky (and work at it!) most days we see the glass half full rather then see spilt milk.

    Focus on the positives... create what you want and what your heart and soul needs.

    Keep the promises that you make to yourself!

    ReplyDelete