Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SHE SAID......I HAVE BEEN INFECTED



Dawn Boyle


As per Wikipedia.....

The common cold (also known as nasopharyngitis, rhinopharyngitis, acute coryza, or a cold) is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory system which affects primarily the nose. Symptoms include a cough, sore throat, runny nose, and fever which usually resolve in seven to ten days, with some symptoms lasting up to three weeks. Well over 200 viruses are implicated in the cause of the common cold; the rhinoviruses are the most common.

I am forty one years old. I have delivered two children. I have survived a few surgeries...but yet I have been crippled for what could be the 360th time I have had....a cold.

KNOCKED UPSIDE THE HEAD!
This past Friday night, my area was in the midsts of a severe windstorm..okay, it was not a "named" storm, but it did manage to pull two of my FOREVER doors and interior doors off their jambs and twist them like pretzels. Limbs were down, rumor of a possible tree around the block, per the rumor mill in my house aka, my kids. My backyard patio furniture was scattered around like it was intentionally thrown in every direction. Wait rewind....why in the middle of January is the furniture still out? Wasn't it put away for Hurricane Irene??? I will have to get to the bottom of that with my husband....I mean, I have been told that I am in charge of keeping up the inside of the house because he tends to the outside...I guess it must be stressful writing out that check to Leo's Landscaping...hmmm. Anyway back to my story. As I attempted to secure the full glass doors that were slamming against the sides of my house I felt it...

It was the beginning of what would turn into a full blown head cold. Since Friday night I have successfully finished 8 boxes of Scotties tissues. Gone through two blue bottles of heaven called Vicks vapor rub and popped DayQuil and NyQuil like they were M & M's.

Why is it that there is no cure fore the common cold? Why is there a shot for the flu (I do not believe in) but no shot for the common cold? Why is it that I can not control the faucet I have dripping from the front of my face with all the drugs, nasal sprays, and rubs that I have used??? And my biggest question is....WHEN WILL IT GO AWAY???

Wiki goes on to say the following:
There is no cure for the common cold but the symptoms can be treated. It is the most frequent infectious disease in humans with the average adult contracting two to three colds a year and the average child contracting between six and twelve. These infections have been with humanity since antiquity.

Well as I enter day 6 of this mini-hell I have endured, I tell you this....I need help! I need lots of help!! Call in the troops!!! Laundry came to a standstill here sometime around three on Saturday afternoon. I have mountains and mountains to tend to when I can get my head off the pillow.....apparently no one else in this house knows how those machines work down in that room where the mother/wife (ME) spends so much time....but that's another post....probably a Rant....could end up being a Wicked, we will have to see if I still remember it once I am out of my drug induced haze and I feel better!

WASH THOSE HANDS PEOPLE!!! IF YOU ARE SICK STAY HOME!!!
The rumor mill has already warned me.....the Kindergarten and first grade have already begun the stomach virus...I heard one entire class was taken out! Kids throwing up all over, the halls  were covered, the nurses office was overflowing....I guess the only good that could come out of that would be a quick 5lb weight loss!! OH THE JOYS OF WINTER!!! STAY WELL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment