Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GETTING OUT OF THE ZONE....the "friend" zone



Tony Walker

"I love you like a brother."
I swear to God if I hear that one more time I am going to..... going to..... to.... I'm gonna do something damnit!
That's one comment that I've heard so many times & I've never understood it.
What's with you ladies??? You want open & total communication but when we do that, we get too close, so the relationship turns into a brother/sister type!!
Remember Billy Crystal in "When Harry Met Sally?" Over & over he said, "Women & men can't be just friends." Right or wrong, no matter how close you are to the guy he is most likely willing to get naked with you. The reason he got so close to you in the first place was because he wanted to have a romantic relationship with you!!!
"Wow.... what a nice girl. I would like to be like a brother to her." If you tell me you know a guy who has said this, I want his name & number!
You love me like a brother from another mother? Great! Give me some money! Let me borrow your car! What's in the fridge? Give me a break. If you love me like a brother, at least set me up with your best friend!
If you love a guy that much, if he's that nice, won't he make the best boyfriend/husband? You must have one hell of a connection with him if you're that close. 
Please explain this one to me ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
    Sally Albright: Why not?
    Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
    Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
    Harry Burns: No you don't.
    Sally Albright: Yes I do.
    Harry Burns: No you don't.
    Sally Albright: Yes I do.
    Harry Burns: You only think you do.
    Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
    Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
    Sally Albright: They do not.
    Harry Burns: Do too.
    Sally Albright: They do not.
    Harry Burns: Do too.
    Sally Albright: How do you know?
    Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
    Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
    Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
    Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
    Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
    Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
    Harry Burns: I guess not.
    Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

    ReplyDelete