Thursday, February 23, 2012

THE PERFECT ROLE MODEL....

The story behind this photo.... I was on the field with my son and our Scout Pack at the time. We were holding the Flags for the National Anthem. It was literally 2 minutes before game time. I had shorts on. I made eye contact with Gary Carter, lifted up my shorts and showed him my huge Mets logo on my prosthetic leg. Gary was amazed. He made the whole team look at it then he came over to shake my hand. It was a great moment for me. I was 16 when the Mets won in 86. Carter was the perfect role model for a teen. I feel like I lost a part of my youth with the news of his passing. As a cancer survivor I know what this poor man had to go through. Its such a horrible thing to go through... only to end up losing the battle. No matter what sport... all professional athletes should handle themselves, & us, with as much class as Gary Carter did.

No comments:

Post a Comment