Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE LIFE AND TIMES OF LIVING WICKED
Marion Pellicano Ambrose

When I thinking of Wicked Wednesdays, my mind wandered to a play I went to see with
my daughter in Jacksonville. My daughter had read the book and was dying to see the
Broadway play. Through the kindness of a former student and her mother, I was able to
get tickets at a discounted rate and surprised my daughter for her birthday. The play was Wicked.


Wicked tells the story of the relationship between, Galinda (the good witch of the North), a pretty, popular school girl and an emerald green skinned classmate named Elphaba (the wicked witch of the West). Their relationship takes many unexpected turns, especially when they fall in love with the same young man. The story begins before and continues through Dorothy’s visit to the land of Oz. What happens in the end will surprise and delight you!


This musical, based on the book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, by Gregory Maguire, is starting its seventh year of sellout performances all over the country and abroad.( It’s a parallel novel to the famous book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. ) It’s a bright, funny, moving musical that you’ll want to see again and again! The book is also a good read for ages 12 and up!

For locations and dates visit their official website: http://www.wickedthemusical.com

      

5 comments:

  1. Let's add NYC's Broadway to that ROAD TRIP!!! Love a good musical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw it and it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadly..my children have seen it but not me :( I want in on the road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it SEVEN times in different cities and would go again anytime! Let me know when this roadtrip is planned and I'll come along!

    ReplyDelete