Monday, April 4, 2011

THE RANTS OF A MOTHER RUNNING ERRANDS

Dawn Boyle

I wasn't planing on ranting today but just got back grocery store. There are a number of things that bug me about going food shopping. I totally agree with Marion. Things are getting smaller and prices are getting higher. It amazes me that I pay $4.99 for Crystal Light at the food store but can get it at Walmart for $2.69. But that is not my rant for today.

Here is what pisses me off; why is it that you need a stupid club card on your key ring for EVERYWHERE you go? Why can't the sale price be for EVERYONE? My keys have about 12 different cards dangling from it, CVS, GAMESTOP, STOP & SHOP, PATHMARK, etc. So annoying - just reduce the price instead of getting mad at me while I am at the register and I have to go through them all to find your stores tag!

Another thing that bugged me today while in the store, the isle is only so big...BE COURTEOUS! A woman who obviously was on her way to save a life barreled down the pasta isle taking out my cart and rolling over my foot even after I said "you're not gonna make it" she replied "I have many more years practice then you sweetheart" as she rolled over my foot. Hey Lady you are a menace!

Then there is the wanderer...I do not come to the food store to browse. I understand you are looking for the right beets, but pull your cart to the side! I have been standing behind you for five minutes patiently waiting for you to read the ingredients on the back of the canned vegetables.

Lastly, WHY MUST YOU PARK ON TOP OF ME???? There are 20 empty spots in the lot yet you want to make sure I can not get my ass into my mini!! UGGGH!!!!



6 comments:

  1. HA love it!
    And i totally agree with you.. Sean hates that the key ring has maybe 3 keys and about 10 little cards on it!!! Its really annoying looking for the right one, and agree it is pointless, bc half the time they say o well just use the stores card.. Rite Aid now has the welllness cards... SO Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between us I think we have it covered Dawn! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI the iphone has a key ring app. You scan the key ring into your phone and use that as your key ring at the store. Useless, yet useful information enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree!!! and FYI Walmart treats their employees like crap I guess I've never let you in on my hatred for them....you will now be on my list of friends that I bother not to shop there from now on....I don't care how cheap they are!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU TMF!!!!
    I have only walked into a Wal Mart once in my life & will never do so again.
    They treat their employees like trash. Companies like them have ruined the working class.
    Target too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bno...there's an app for that! You need to hook a sista up on the iphone :)
    TMF & TONY...I was not aware of the dislike towards Walmart - I will avoid it :)

    ReplyDelete