Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lunch Time Poll


Marion Pellicano Ambrose
OK, So I’ve been playing the Florida Lottery every week since it started in 1988!  I’ve played my family’s birthdays, anniversaries, favorite numbers and the numbers I found in my fortune cookie! So far: NOTHING!  Oh, I won $5.00 here and there (mostly there), but nothing significant. I began to think of how much I’ve spent over the years. I don’t want to mention the exact amount, but let’s just say I could probably retire comfortably had I invested that amount in an annuity! So, after reasoning all this out, I’ll quit buying tickets and start saving that money, right?
Actually, no!  I can’t give up on the dream! I fantasize about secretly paying off the mortgages of my family and friends, of paying tuition for students whose parents just can’t afford it anymore, and taking all my friends and family members on a fabulous European cruise!  I love to think of the look on the face of cashier at 7-11 who sold me the ticket when I give her a check for thousands of dollars! Of course, I’d invest and put enough away for the future, but my husband will be so thrilled when I surprise him with his own barn/ garage/ workshop filled with antique cars! (Like Jay Leno’s) So, I’ve researched the most commonly drawn numbers, my horoscope, cracked open a few fortune cookies and here I go again! Wish me luck!
What do you dream about doing with the money if you were to win BIG in your state lottery? Would you keep it a secret or parade through town in a limo showing everyone your good fortune?  Tell us what you would do if you won the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment