Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HE SAID.....


Tony Walker

For this week's He Said I am not challenging Dawn's She Said or vice versa.
I couldn't agree more with Dawn.
I have a neighbor who has 3 daughters all under 13.... the youngest being 6 or 7.... and all 3 of these girls dress more dangerously than my wife!
Bikini's that barely cover what they're covering. 
In Dawn's post she asks where the parents of these kids are. In this case the parents are right there with the kids! The mother walks around the neighborhood in her bikini, botox, and silicone while daddy has his fake tan and takes more HGH than Roger Clemens! Sorry pal but our time has passed... we are parents now. We're not hip no matter how much you try not to be. You just look foolish and your kids look like trash.
Dawn also asks if we've let "choose your battles" become an easy way out. I know a mother who laughs when her kid tells other adults to shut up, among other rude comments. She's a single mother so she "chooses her battles" since he doesn't have daddy around. Give me a break! I didn't have daddy around & I was yelled at every day! Yes I did deserve it... and so does this kid! Choose your battles.... give me a break. Yelling at my son has become part of my daily routine!
I don't know Dawn... how did we get here? Did we dress like this when we were that age? Do Dawn and I sound like crotchety old people?
Tell us what you think.

2 comments:

  1. We all love our "babies" but it seems some parents want them to go from babies right to adults that can be mom/dad's friend. Why can't we all enjoy the child years? It's their clothes but also the sexy and grown up attitudes of KIDS that make me nuts. I believe in giving your child self confidence, but I don't think that putting them in their right (age appropriate) place is a bad thing once in a while. Do I choose my fights? Sure, we all do, but I think I choose to take on more fights then most parents. My kids think I am hard on them, and we have our problems, but they still respect me. Other adults adore my kids because they are well mannered and respectful, but still have personalities and a sense of humor. They listen, but are FAR from Stepford kids.

    As for clothes, I do move my line in the sand from time to time because I understand they want to look in fashion. This being said, my 13 year old daughter doesn't own one thong! She does love to wear bikini's, but I make sure they are of the larger variety and fully cover all of her. I also make sure they don't have words that you need to look at her butt to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Samantha! Wish more parents had your common sense! Great post Tony and Dawn!!!

    ReplyDelete