Thursday, July 7, 2011

THESE DREAMS.....


Dawn Boyle
I have the craziest dreams. Since being pregnant with my oldest daughter in 2000-2001 I have had the most vivid and sometimes disturbing dreams. I have woken up with sweats. I have woken up by my own screams. I have had dreams with a specific former boyfriend that are so real, I wake up with the feeling that I am with him again. Last night in particular. We were high school sweethearts. We had so much happen to us in the short time (4 years) we were together is my sub-conscience telling me something? Why do I dream about someone that I decided to walk away from all the time?

As per Dream Prophesy....
"More times than not, when you dream about an ex (girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife), it isn’t really THEM that your dream represents.  Usually (though not always, of course) it’s the period of time that your mind is revisiting – your ex just happens to be there.  In the same way that our AWAKE mind revisits the past, through memories, sometimes our ASLEEP mind does the same.

If we’re going through a stressful time in our lives and seem to have more on our proverbial plate than we ever asked for – our mind will take us to a “simpler time” – if an ex happens to be there, it isn’t necessarily a compliment to them.  They just happened to be in the picture at the time."

So basically if I rely on this interpretation it seems that all I am dreaming about is a less stressful time. When I was younger and carefree. But who decided that was the correct meaning? It seems from my search on this matter that scientists really have no concrete theory on why we dream or what they mean. Some believe that keeping a dream journal can help you. They say you need to not only journal the dream, but the feelings you are dealing with in real life at the time of the dream. A stressful time creates different patterns in your dreams.

As for me, I ran out and got a journal to keep on my nightstand. I plan on logging my remembered dreams to see if there is anything there that my sub-conscience is trying to tell me. I have a few friends that have very strong feelings on their dreams and what they mean. I wonder what they would say about me and my dream....what do you think? What are your dreams saying to you?

1 comment: