Friday, May 27, 2011

My Dirty Little Secret





Marion Pellicano Ambrose
Yes, I have a dirty little secret and most women have the same dirty secret as I do! Of course, few of us would admit it, and it does come in different forms, but I would say 90% share this same hidden skeleton in the closet!
It’s 7am, hubby is off to work, kids are off to school and it’s my day off.  I sit and have another leisurely cup of coffee and read the paper. 
Now it’s 8am. I panic! I run to pick up all the junk around the living room. I stuff some laundry in the washer and put all the dirty clothes that were scattered on the floor, the bed and various chairs in the hamper. I pack up the garbage that smells like fish and bring it to the trash.
Oh no, it’s 8:45! I run to the bathroom and shove all my makeup and the curling iron under the sink. I cap the toothpaste and wipe up the blob that landed in the sink.
It’s 8:55! I run to the kitchen and shove all the dishes that were sitting in the basin into the dishwasher and turn it on. I run to the bedroom and rip off my pajamas, throw on clean jeans and a nicely pressed shirt.
9am – the doorbell rings!  My housekeeper is here for my weekly house cleaning!
Admit it, you do the same thing! And if you don’t have a housekeeper, you do the same thing just before your husband comes home! But don’t worry, I won’t tell. It will be OUR dirty little secret!

*A short video on an outstanding blog site gave me the idea for this post. Take a moment to enjoy the clip at “Tomatoes In The Trenches Blog”.

6 comments:

  1. If I had a House keeper I would not be running around doing Her Job. I do run around like that before My Husband comes home though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the mad-clean when my mom or company comes over. It's the only time the dining room table is completely cleared.

    But I am curious,are you cleaning before so that your house-keeper doesn't think you're messy? What do you think would happen if she saw your house in that state before you clean up? Isn't that why she's there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's ingrained that noone should see my house messy, even the housekeeper! She does all the heavy cleaning that I can't do because of my illness (scrubbing bathrooms, cleaning ceiling fans, vacuumimg etc)so I hate to have her waste her time doing what I'm still able to do. Before I was disabled, I worked 60+ hours a week,raised 2 children (one emothionally handicapped), went back to school for my master's degree,and cared for my mother, so I couldn't live without my housekeeper and friend Jayne! She's always been a blessing in my life and I wrote this post in honor of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I occasionally have a housekeeper and yes, I have the same "dirty little secret"! I don't want anyone to know how messy my house can get, even though I'm sure she's seen it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm notorious for this my family says everytime company comes. They say thats the only time our house truly sparkles..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the housekeeper - I can't relate!
    Wouldn't mind trying!

    ReplyDelete