Monday, May 2, 2011

BIN LADEN KILLED


Dawn Boyle

My blood runs red, white and blue. I am truly proud to be American, not only today...everyday. I am torn with emotions with the news over the death of that animal that attempted to destroy my country nearly ten years ago.

I had fallen asleep early last night to the Real Housewives of the OC and woke up to make my first of many nightly trips to the bathroom and when I got back into bed Andy Cohen was announcing that bin Laden was killed. I felt a rush of heat throughout my entire body. The images and fear I felt that morning, not knowing the safety of my husband and a number of friends and family. I was lucky that day as I held my two month old daughter. My husband did escape the horrors that occurred and would only find out in the days later the people who had touched my life that were not that lucky.

Everyone has a story of 9/11. Everyone remembers the unity of the entire country the days, weeks and months that followed. The new fears for our children, the heightened security, the War on Terror and all the men and women who bravely fight for our country.We all learned that day how life can change in a moment. We learned that you can go to work where you sit behind a desk or fight fires and not come home. We learned the true meaning of evil and how we could be paralyzed by some sick bastards with distorted views who masterminded such destruction. We learned how incredibly vulnerable we all really are.

May 1, 2011 will be remembered as the day Justice was Served. God Bless America, it's gonna be an interesting time ahead. We must NEVER FORGET. We must remember all the victims, from that day and all the days that followed, especially the CHILDREN OF 9/11. We must stay the course and be PROUD TO BE AMERICAN.

4 comments:

  1. BRAVO! and well said....my heart was in my mouth for hours until I heard from my family...hubby worked one block away....WILL NEVER FORGET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me .. Or am I thinking .. I hope paybacks aren't a bitch !!! Love the news.. But I hope there are no attacks to make us pay for this .. To much craziness in the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Jenn - very nervous about GK heading back into NYC in the am :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Dawn... BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete