Wednesday, May 4, 2011

LUNCH TIME POLL - HELL WEEK



Dawn Boyle

It's that time of year for us here in New York. It is ELA's this week, which are the State Tests given to elementary school children. When I was younger we had the IOWA Examinations. I remember them being no big deal. Now a days an entire school year is based on the ELA'S alone.

The pressure we put on our students and on the teacher is ridiculous. I have a few friends that their kids were a bundle of nerves for these tests. I have told my kids from the beginning that all they have to do is their best, it is no baring on their actual grade at all.

It is Hell Week for you?
Does every school participate in some kind of State testing?
Do you feel that these tests are completely useless? 

Share your thoughts with us!  

2 comments:

  1. My son has had to do essays for homework every day to prep for the tests and his teacher had a class for them every Thursday after school . I want it over . He wasn't nervous , a little excited . I went out for extra pencils and the store was sold out .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pencils, hi-lighters, additional snacks...books to read, crosswords or word searches - I AM SO DONE WITH SCHOOL I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! State testing is bogus!

    ReplyDelete