Monday, June 20, 2011

Dawn Boyle

Today kicks of the last week of school for my kids. I will call this HELL WEEK. Everyone is done. We are all ready for the lazy days of summer to official begin and not have to deal with the ring of the alarm clock anymore!

Two full days, two half days, and one hour are what stand between us and relaxation where the only worry will be what time we will get to the beach. I hope that time will fly and then comes to a halt on Friday by noon. I want to savor the 9 weeks, Labor Day comes around too fast!

I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.
My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that
solitude presses against my lips.
~ Violette Leduc (Mad in Pursuit)

If a June night could talk,
it would probably boast it invented romance.
~ Bern Williams

He stood beside a cottage lone
And listened to a lute,
One summer's eve, when the breeze was gone,
And the nightingale was mute.
~ Thomas K. Hervey (The Devil's Progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment