Saturday, June 25, 2011

GRAVES DISEASE...WORK IT




Where has Missy Elliot been? She announced yesterday, she is suffering from Graves' disease, which affects the autoimmune system and thyroid gland. The Rapper says the disease made even simple, everyday tasks difficult. "I couldn't write because my nervous system was so bad – I couldn't even use a pen,"


Elliott, 39, was diagnosed with the condition three years ago. She realised she had a problem while driving, when she lost control of her muscles. "I was trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping," she said. "I couldn't keep the brake down and almost crashed."


Elliott went on to suffer other symptoms, including hair loss and mood swings. But her condition improved after she underwent radiation therapy, and spent more time at the gym. "I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising," she said. "My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months. [But] you live with it for the rest of your life."

Some classic signs of Graves' disease include an enlarged thyroid gland, or goiter, and bulging eyes.
Women are more likely to get the disease than men, and it usually develops after age 20.

Ladies this is yet another wakeup call! You should be having yearly physicals along with a mammography! Illness and diseease doesn't care if you are rich, poor, fat or skinny! Make the call today!

No comments:

Post a Comment