Thursday, September 15, 2011

PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU THINK!

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.
Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.
One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job when you finally get here; but your being late so often is quite bothersome."
"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear.”
“Yes sir, I understand your concern and I’ll try harder.”
Seeming puzzled, the manager went on to comment, “It's odd though your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say to you there if you showed up in the morning so late and so often?"
The old man looked down at the floor, then smiled.
He chuckled quietly, then said with a grin, "They usually saluted and said, ‘Good morning, Admiral, can I get your coffee, sir?’”

3 comments:

  1. Marion...this is a great post! I have tried so hard to explain to my children to NEVER judge. To never be friends with someone or not be friends with someone just because of their "COVER". A lesson learned here today! BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Post . . . Thank You! ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! It's nice to see positive news!

    ReplyDelete