Monday, September 12, 2011

THE DAY AFTER

Dawn Boyle
Yesterday was rough. The weather here even participated with the feel of the day, gloomy. Although I have re-lived this day every September 11th, it was a little bit different. A harder pill to swallow. It cut deeper this year. Could it have been the ten year anniversary. Anniversary - I don't even like that word for the day. Anniversary reminds me of a happy occasion - September 11th is not happy. In fact it may be the furthest from it.

The morning after September 11th was different from the day the terrorists attacked my county. September 11th I was numb the entire day. It was the 12th and from then on after that when we realized exactly what we had just been through. I have shared with you in a previous post my day 10 years ago on September 11th. I would like to take this opportunity to open the floor to you. Sometimes being able to share your own story makes it easier.

So please share your stories here in comments. We were one that day, united we stood and still stand. I look froward to reading your comments. Thank you and God Bless America!

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a somber day. Today I kiss my kids off to school and remember how lucky I am. Thank you for your moving coverage of 9-11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. September 12th was when I realized he was never coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all the MISSING posters all over the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I did kiss my girls this morning and held the hug for a few more seconds. I remember watching all those years ago and seeing Manhattan covered with the "missing" photos. Lynn - I am so sorry for your loss, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete