Monday, June 6, 2011

BLOW UP RIDES & BOUNCE HOUSES


Dawn Boyle

This past weekend a number of people were injured when blow up "rides" were blown into crowds by a gust of wind with children still inside of them. I HATE THESE RIDES!

I will first let you know that I do have a rather large blow up slide. We got it a few years ago for our daughters birthday party. Every time we set it up, someone gets hurt. I hate that slide!

A few years ago we had a kiddie party at an indoor party place that has the inflatables as well. At least three children received burns on their skin from going down the slides. Did I mention I hate these stupid things?

Another time at a large community party my kids were inside a blow up bounce and it started to deflate, I never moved so fast in my life to get my kids out of that damn thing before they were suffocated by it.

What is the story with these things???

Are there any safety rules that the manufactures or owners have to abide by???

I am happy to say that my children are no longer fans of these rides. I fell so horrible for the people who were injured in Oceanside, NY on June 4th. I have personal experience with a child being affected by PTSD from a carnival ride and I know that a lot of the people involved will have a long road ahead of them to be able to coupe with what happened and what they witnessed.

A viewer snapped this photo as wind gusts sent three bouncy houses flying into the air – with kids inside – in Oceanside, leaving 13 people hurt.




5 comments:

  1. We were there not long before it happened. My son went down that two story slide that was blowing around and instead of sliding, he flipped over twice. We are very lucky that there weren't more people hurt and my heart goes out to the mom who is still in critical condition. Her 6 year old son stood helplessly next to her while she was unconscious and bleeding. There are many traumatized kids here in Oceanside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn I feel so bad for you and your son. To witness something like that is horrible. I hope that Oceanside has social workers available for everyone affected.

    As I said in the post I have worked with a doctor in Bellmore that helped my daughter and is known for helping the children of 9/11 and others affected by Post Tramatic Stress Disorder.

    You can contact me directly for that doctors information at our email address delayedreactionlounge@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoah this weblog is fantastic i love reading your articles.
    Stay up the great work! You already know, a lot of people are searching round for this
    info, you could help them greatly.

    my webpage :: electronic dance music

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to present something back and help others like
    you aided me.

    Feel free to visit my web blog XXX Video Fix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many individuals additionally tragically permit children of various age gatherings to play simultaneously inside these inflatable rentals. bounce house rentals Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete