Sunday, June 5, 2011

INTRODUCING NATALIE... WE WELCOME YOU TO DRL!

My Last Crazy Project

Natalie Molloy

I have to say I could just sit and watch my garden grow all day. I wait for my husband to leave for work and out the door I dash. After all I only have a certain amount of time before he comes walking through the front door to ask "what went on here today?"

We women realize that the best time to rearrange a room , hang a picture , dig a giant hole in the ground and plant a tree or vegetable garden , yes the best time to get these projects done is definitely when hubby is not around. No questions asked. No comments like "Leave it where it is it looks just fine" cue the beer cracking open and baseball game on. Feet up on the coffee table (that you want to move) and project not getting done. I've talked to many women about this and most seem to agree.

My last project was when I moved our fire pit from one side of the yard to the other. The pressure was on, I had limited time to get it done, and you never know when a surprise visit during the day may occur, my husbands office is literally five minutes away! A goodbye kiss a peak out the window to make sure he was DEFINITELY gone and shovel in hand I was out the door! I started by digging out the hole for the new location of the fire pit with that dirt I filled the old hole. Then started moving the thirty some odd boulders with a hand truck across the yard to surround the newly located pit. I felt like Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke when he had to move the rock wall from one side of the prison yard to the other and then back again. A quick "Hi honey how's your day going" phone call to make sure I wasn't getting a surprise visit and back to work I went.

I finally finished and couldn't help but marvel at the outcome of my project.
It was hard work, a major calorie burner! It came out great! I couldn't wait for my husband to come home and show him how great the "new" pit looked. I just knew he'd love it.

6 comments:

  1. O M G...Thanks guys, and how about those leggings,hahaha.....OK Dawn I KNOW you've done a project or two w/out the Gregor around ---- let's hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story!! I love the fire pit even more!!! Welcome to DRL Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to DRL, Natalie! Good to have you at the lounge! There is much to be said for the man-free project! LOL You may have opened a blog topic can of worms! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you have any pictures of your fire pit? Would love to see the before and after. Or just the after. Thanks, and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! WOW!!! Nice story Natalie. I too would like to see the fire pit? And are you for hire? i certainly could use some help in my year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll post photos on the Delayed Wall on facebook!!!!!Thank you all for your comments and I hope to "read" ya soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete