Friday, June 10, 2011

LUNCH TIME POLL - FIELD DAY AT ST. BRIGID'S...1980 (something)

Dawn Boyle
Today is field day at my girls school. I have the luxury of being part of the fun and festivities. My kids have been up and ready since about 7. On a normal day I have to pull them out of bed. I am not sure if it's because they are so excited for the day or that they are one day closer to the last day of school!

I remember field day at the water park, we would cross St. Brigid's Lane and have so much fun. It was the day everyone let their hair down and really enjoyed softball games against the teachers (NUNS & LAY), two legged races, water fights, but being with the boy you had a crush on that wasn't in your class for the entire day was probably my favorite part!

Here is a shout out to all the cute boys from St. Brigid's! I will start off with Gregory Burns...why oh why did you leave our school?? Move onto Joey I, Karl S, Marc B, George E, Kevin K, Matt B, Ronald & Donald B, Sean M, Manny H and TC, we certainly had some cuties!

Seeing the boys out of uniform, running around, and playing sports only sealed the deal for my crushes. I have kept in contact with a few of the cuties from St. Brigid's - most of them turned out pretty good! I am sure I am missing a few standouts being that it was such a long time ago!

What is your fondest memory of field day?


Who did I leave out on the list St. Brigid girls?

2 comments:

  1. My memory of Field Day at Dutch Lane School in Hicksville, NY is not a good one.
    Jodie Schwartz bet someone (I don't remember who) that I would win a running race. Well I fell during the race & obviously lost. My shoulder was killing me & Jodie came up to me & poured soda on my head for losing. I yelled "F%*k you Jodie" at the top of my lungs. I was banned from the rest of Field Day. I sat in Principal Whearty's office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a fan of "Field Day" - So NOT the athlete!

    ReplyDelete