Tuesday, April 19, 2011

LUNCH TIME POLL


Dawn Boyle

Yesterday after receiving notification about "unspecified" delays on the railroad that my husband takes in/out of Manhattan, I instantly got nervous, post 9/11 thoughts raced through my head. Then again yesterday driving over several bridges I thought the similar things.

Are there everyday occurances that you sometimes think about differently post 9/11? Is this only true for those states hit the hardest?  Share your thoughts and comments?

3 comments:

  1. Lived it, experienced it and survived it 1st hand. Lost many friends and acquaintences on that day. There isn't a single day gone by since then that something odd or random happens that takes me right back to that day. It can be a sight, sound, smell or the simple fact that every time I look at a clock or scoreboard, it says "9:11" I would give anything to not have had to experience that day in the manner we did. It will be with me for as long as I breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even from far away - there are things you think twice about now that trigger memories and instant prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The NYC girl in me died a little that day - no one has ever been the same... the world will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete