Monday, April 18, 2011

GETTING ON MY FLIP FLOPS

What is a Flip Flop O Gram

Dawn Boyle

Today I was sitting outside of my house and my girlfriend Angie looked down at my toes and said..."God, do I need  a pedicure, it's almost flip flop season". I gotta tell ya, I have been wearing them since I got back from vacation on March 7th. I walked off the plane and I seriously have worn them every day. I am what you would call a FLIP FLOP whore. I have tons of them. I have expensive ones and some kicking around from Target flops. I wear them about 8 months a year. That's right, I have worn them in the snow. I love my flip flops. I even have a code I use with my girl friends "getting on my flip flops" which means I am on my way. Are you like me? If you are, I am about to introduce you to the Queen of my flip flop land, Kathy of FlipFlopOGram.

About three years ago my friend Carol told me she went to a party at someones house, I was half listening. Women by me, in the "burbs", have a party a week whether it be Lia Sophia, Pampered Chef or whatever I receive on average 4-6 "house party" invites a month. Carol then told me it was flip flops. I couldn't contain myself and we decided to host a party.

Kathy arrived on the Thursday of Memorial Day Weekend with about 100 pairs of flip flops and sandals. We had more then 40 women and it was a huge success. Everyone that was there said it was the BEST "party" they had attended. I have attended two others and I had a great time at each one. A few weeks ago I went to Vanessa's, I picked up a pair for me and a pair for my husband. We are planning on doing a party this summer at the beach. I will be bringing a tent, we can't wait and neither can our friends!

The story behind Kathy is so interesting. She was a single mother of twins, doing everything to make ends meet. She comes from a family of business owners, she dabbled in bookkeeping for the family business while selling Partylite at night. Prior to all of that, Kathy owned two children's clothing stores before getting in the flip flop biz and also went to school to be a teacher. Knowing it was going to be difficult to keep up with all the running around and with child #3 on the way, FlipFlopOGram seemed like the perfect opportunity. She came up with this idea with her former partner sitting at a play date trying to figure out how to make money and still be around for her children. Kathy is married to her "high school crush" who turns out to be her best friend as well.

Now six flip flop selling seasons later, it's just Kathy, (she bought the company from her partner). The party business is going strong with 2-3 parties a week from March-September where she brings 100's of flip flops into peoples homes for ladies to "test drive" and purchase.The website is promoting the parties and doing some brisk business itself and now within the next few months Kathy's twins who are now freshman in college will be selling flip flops out of their brand new FlipFlopOGram truck. It's almost a 24/7 business but she gets to work it around family time. They have had many people ask about doing this as a "party plan" and they are trying to work out the logistics for anyone who might be interested.  

I got to ask Kathy a few questions about this exciting business, that is being promoted right up there in the upper right corner of our DRL site. That's Kathy's ad! Check out her site! You get to her link directly from that ad.

How far will you travel to do a party?
I have traveled from Wading River to Whitestone, New York. Every summer I go a little further than I'd swore I'd go so...

Can you do an online party for our readers that don't live in the New York area?
Absolutely! We do E-parties where the hostess has a her friends shop our website during a designated time period and she receives a % in free merchandise.

Check out Kathy's Facebook Fan Page, be sure to like it when you are there!
She also has a Group Page on Facebook too - check it out!

Contact Kathy to schedule a date for YOUR party! It will be one your friends will talk about forever!
FORGET FLOWERS! SEND FLIP FLOPS!
Visit there website at http://www.flipflopogram.com/

Send a "FlipFlopOGram" (which includes the designer flip flops, a free mani/pedi board, a eco-friendly shoe bag, foot scrub recipe, and notecard) http://www.flipflopogram.com/

 

14 comments:

  1. I'm a whore too!!! Have at least twenty pairs...no joke!! They always put me in a good mood!! Wore them today!! Love Kathy @ flip flop o gram.....last party (with you) wanted a different color....she put them in her mailbox for me the next day!!! A flip flop party is awesome....and Dawn next one you host remember.....you are not allowed to leave...lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! Come to Florida in the "off season" Kathy - Flip Flops are never out of season here! I'll be you first party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Yellow Box and GK loves Kai Kai....EVERYONE HAS GOT TO CHECK OUT HER SITE! Have a party - or Order :) If we all do it together, maybe the Spring will finally arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy@FlipFlopOGramApril 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM

    Barbara- I am definitely going to take you up on that! I will let you know when!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kai Kai's and Yellow Box rock (and my favorites)....but the Sanuk yogamat flip flops are a number 1 seller and flying out the door (once again) for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yoga mat flip flops....if I wear them Kathy will my ass shrink? Is that just like actually getting to a yoga class????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy@FlipFlopOGramApril 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    Dawn- If you think it...it may happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me and my kids are addicted to Kathy's flip flops. Don't forget about the awesome ballet flats she sells too!! Her customer service is the absolute best!!! I am going to another one of her parties in May. WOO HOO,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn....the yoga mat are sooooo comfortable and they hug your arch!! got them for my girls for valentines day....healthy alternative to chocolate.....they love them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy can I get them for the girls before Friday??? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. kathy@flipflopogramApril 19, 2011 at 3:25 PM

    YES!! Let me know when you want to come by...just got a bunch of new colors today that I have to unpack in a bit....turquoise, gunmetal grey, and red to go with the black, blue, brown, and giraffe that is already in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Animial prints needed for the Florida party trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stuff on Kathy's site! Definitely work the look - something for everyone! I want to go shopping - hey Dawn & Barbara - when's payday?!?! Just kidding.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dare I peek at this web site.. i might be in trouble. Love the online party idea though. kathy will be in touch soon.

    Melt you darn snow melt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete