Monday, March 21, 2011

RATHER KISS FROGS...PRINCE CHARMING IS AN IDIOT



Jenn Copp

Going back to being a little girl and listening to fairy tales, I always thought it was that the girl meets the frog and he turns into a prince, right? That's what I believed. But why do I listen to all my friends who meet these guys who are PERFECT in every way? Attentive, creative, romantic, funny, charming, talkative, and the list goes on. Then BAM three months comes and they are heart broken. Does this phenomenon happen both ways? I wonder, what is it with the three month rule that changes things? If you make it past three months are you good to go?
I know someone who had this guy , he took her every where, claimed he waited for twenty years for her, texts her a name of a song everyday to look up and the songs actually had meaning in their relationship.Then one day the songs stopped and she was heart broken and she asked what happened you don't send songs anymore and He says, Ahhh ..Well I sent you all the songs I know and now I don't have any left. Just like that "Mr. Romantic" turned into "Mr. Nothing". Things change in relationships and I always say if they are meant to be they will be. I see someone on facebook and I can tell through her posts that she has a guy situation going on. Her posts are so obvious, yet inconspicuous. I want to reach out and say it just was'nt meant to be.


You can't make something happen that shouldn't. I've learned my lesson about trying to make something happen that should not have been, and I look back and say .. Really that was so much time wasted on something now that was so obvious. I am at the point in my life where I am looking for a cute frog! Mr. Prince Charming .. I say to you - GROW UP!










8 comments:

  1. I think the key to your entire post is when you said or asked does this go both ways. I believe if the princess showed as much attention to the prince there wouldn't be a 3 month rule. Princes deserve attention as well an when they are appreciated they will treat you like the princess you are. Moral of the story relationships go both ways and its teamwork not just the prince having to be perfect. Once you work on that together your kingdom will last a lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some women luck out and have "princes" for life (and the reverse is also true), but it's only human nature to become complacant after a certain amount of time. Passion becomes comfortable predictability,which is why it's important to try and rekindle the romance once in a while with random acts of love. Slip a card in his underwear drawer,leave a rose on her pillow,or just hold his or her hand when you're walking. Simply show your love in lots of little ways! Great post,as usual, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer BH!! When it is all said and done .. When it's right it's right !!! You put yourself out there in a relationship as the person you are , not the person you want to be and are not ! Some people are lucky to find their soulmates and that alone is amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as Mr. or Mrs. Right anymore; relationships are like car leases the last as long as you pay for it. When I mean pay for it I mean work with each other, talk to each other & help each other. When that starts it is over!
    Everything is too disposable today, there are cheaters everywhere. Men are not always the culprit of cheating; women are just as bad & just hide it better.
    Today it's make yourself feel good 1st then take care of everyone else; when our parents grew up it wasn't so easy to cheat, people had moral values, they went to church (which ever religion you practiced) & put family 1st before there own needs. There are few people that live that way today. It’s a total shame! I’m kind of old school & see it 1st hand all day long.

    So make sure you take care of your family 1st & then kiss as many frogs that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear John , I get it and am the same as you . I had a husband I did everything for ALWAYS . I loved the value of family and loved my kids had there dad in the house . Cheating is something I just can't look past !! And it is sad . I have learned quickly my kids will ALWAYS come first . No one is more important !! I have stopped searching for a soul mate , I am searching for inner happiness first !! It is SAD people's values and how they treat others . There is just no need for it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, I have said it before...there is an ass for every seat!!! Whether that ass stays or strays is another question :)

    ReplyDelete