Sunday, April 24, 2011

ANSWERED PRAYERS FOR EASTER


MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO OFFERED PRAYERS FOR MARION'S INTENTIONS 
FOR HER SON,  JOE!!

It is with great joy I write to tell our readers that Governor Scott has just become Saint Rick to the "Pellicano Ambrose Family"! Because of his intervention, Marion's son has his Social Security back, but that’s only part of the story!  Marion's conclusion to Mother's Anguish will run next week with full details.  

Having personally dealt with the Social Security Administration for my own son since 2003 and for my husband for the past five years... having had numerous issues and problems to appeal, fix and over turn, I know that it often feels like the wheels of progress  in this arena practically turn in reverse. The speed at which this re-establishment of benefits is nothing short of a prayer induced "miracle"!   

Miraculously, instead of the usual 6 months and probable discontinuation of benefits, Marion's son got a call that he was absolutely disabled and his benefits would not be touched.  He also has had a safe place to stay that includes room and board located near the college that he is attending.  

Endless thanks to all those who prayed for Marion's family and also offered to help in many ways!

I will share the following prayer from Marion's Conclusion Story for next week.  What a heartfelt and humble way to pray on this day of new life and always.

Marion said: "From this day forward, this is my own personal prayer":

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve; I was made weak, that I might learn to humbly obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy; I was give poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all, most richly blessed.
                                                                  -Unknown Confederate Soldier’s Prayer

Many Blessings to all of you! 
HAPPY EASTER!!!
Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Great news! I'm not generally a fan of "Saint Rick", but I'm glad he came through for you, Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answered prayers! I, like many if you, are again waging war against Social Security... why must they fight us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Great news for you and your family Marion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Anonymous #2 I'll be praying for your prayers to be answered as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One Stunned DemocratApril 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

    Wonderful! It's amazing that the governor of a state would listen to a regular citizen. I may have to reconsider how I feel about Rick Scott. If he cares enough about one unfortunate boy to set things straight he has my respect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad for your good news. Your Mother's Anguish stories broke my heart so I'm much relieved that Governor Scott had the compassion to do something to make things right. Good for him, and good for you for being such a loving,caring,advocate for your disabled son. I say Saint RIck AND Saint Marion.

    ReplyDelete